Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Sweet & simple & I got a hat!

Now let me state up front that I am singing the praises of Sweet & Simple not because I received any products for free or pimped myself out as a reviewer. Rather, I wanted a hat. And some cookies. And I happen to think Michelle Jaffee is a tremendous amount of fun online and I'm all for supporting a local (hey, it's on the East Coast!), non-chain business, run by a woman who works her butt off. Whilst raising a family. That all being said, I really wanted a hat. So I placed my order and today received a great basket of joy:


(Note the hat. I'm going to wear it everywhere.) 

I also ate a cookie. A chocolate chip cookie. And it was very good. Very, very good. When I worked downtown, I often treated myself to local cookies sold in delis and such but not one was as good as this. Seriously. This is the best I've ever had. Not crunchy like a Chips Ahoy, nor over chewy, it was just the right combo of cakey/chewy with just the right amount of chippage. And because it's made from scratch with only natural ingredients I feel that, perhaps, I should eat another. To keep my strength up. You know, for medicinal purposes. Because M&Ms make everyone feel good. But I won't. Because I'm going to share with the rest of my family. I'm super nice that way. 

If you'd like to order a basket of joy for yourself (and I highly recommend that you do), just click here. Michelle is also on Twitter so please give her a follow. 

And no, you can't have the brownie. That's all mine. Although most likely I will share it with Jandar, because he does love a brownie sundae. And, if I can get to the vanilla ice cream lurking in the back of my freezer, he shall have what most likely will be the best one ever.

6 comments:

Elle said...

Those cookies look fabulous! And the hat? Icing on the cake. It's just right--not too flashy, just pretty.

I'll fight you for the sundae.

Jenni said...

The jealousy is building inside me. I want that hat. And the Baked Goods.

Andrew's Mom said...

You are a good egg...no matter what you say!

Michelle Jaffee said...

Thank you for reviewing Sweet & Simple!
I was NOT expecting a review and I appreciate the feedback. Wear the hat in good health! XOXO

Ilke said...

I am all about woman-owned, non-chain business :) Go Michelle!

Bridget said...

Great. Now I'm hungry. And I want hat. And I'm at work. Sigh.